New AMI Birth to Three Assistants Course, Iaşi, Romania
March 10th-21th 2020
The first three years of life are the most fundamental in the development of human beings and their potential.
The mission of the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) is to support the natural development of the human being from birth to maturity, enabling children to become the transforming elements of society, leading to a harmonious and peaceful world.
The AMI course for Montessori assistants (level 0-3 years) will be held in Iasi, at the Montessori School of Iasi, on March 10-21, 2020, under the careful guidance of AMI international trainer Teanny Hurtado. The course will be held in English.
Teanny Hurtado (Mexico) holds her Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and a Master’s Degree in Psychotherapy from the Universidad Ibero- Americana, Mexico City. As an AMI Assistants to Infancy Diploma (0–3) holder, Teanny worked with this age group for more than 25 years. As an AMI consultant in Mexico and the USA, Teanny Hurtado gives workshops for teachers and parents. She lectures alongside her mother Maria Teresa Vidales (Chacha) – Montessori 0-3 expert – in courses in Mexico, China and Canada.
Who is the course for?
The introduction to the Montessori approach is useful for anyone interested in education and child development. On this inspirational course you will discover how Montessori can help children reach their full potential. .
Who can register for the course?
• Anyone considering a career in Montessori
• Those wanting to qualify as an assistant in a Montessori setting
• Parents, grandparents and carers
• Professionals working with children including nannies, pediatricians and neonatologists, teachers, early years professionals, social workers
• Participants from all over the world
The course aproach
• Montessori theory, child psychology and child development
• How to observe and support each child at their developmental stage
• Use of Montessori resources and preparation of learning environments
How to work with the Montessori teacher
• To learn when and how to intervene (not interfere)
• To acquire the ability to allow the children to become more and more independent; “any unnecessary help is a hindrance to development”
• To gain knowledge of Montessori’s understanding of Freedom and Discipline
• To learn how to gain the children’s trust
• To understand the power of the absorbent mind
• To understand the importance of consistency (also related to use of language) and routines
• To understand the importance of the environment: Indoor and outdoor
• The importance of food and food preparation
How will I study?
• Lectures and discussion with our trainers who are experienced Montessori teachers
• Demonstrations of Montessori materials and resources
• Independent reading and study
• Sixty hours at the Centre and nine additional hours of observation – either immediately after the course or parallel to the course
What will I need to do to gain the qualification?
• 90% course attendance
• 9 hours of observation of children
About Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)
The Association Montessori Internationale accredits training centres throughout the world. These centres offer AMI diploma courses that are internationally recognised for their high standard and authenticity.
The courses offered by the Association Montessori Internationale prepare adults to work with children at the following levels: Assistants to Infancy (0-3), Primary (3-6), First Plane (0-6) and Elementary (6-12).
For more information, we invite you to read the course brochure.
Download and complete registration form and agreement on use personal data, together with the CV and the copy after the identity document.
Transmission of all the above documents in electronic format, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment of the first invoice (depending on the payment method chosen).
For Montessori parents SchooI of Iasi:
Registration fee: 100 euros
Course fee: 350 euros
For the other participants:
Registration fee: 100 euros
Course fee: 430 euros